Friday, June 10, 2011

Barefoot Thursday (Late Edition)


Ok, I already messed up on only my second barefoot Thursday post. Here it is anyway, even if it is a day late.

I was browsing through my seemingly daily arriving Eastbay catalog, when I noticed a new minimalist running shoe! The Saucony Hattori pictured here. They look pretty similar to the New Balance Minimus trail shoe, but I would still love to give them a try. Anyone want to donate a pair for me to test?

I would love to take a spin in them, a quick jog in the parking lot of the shoe store just doesn't cut it. I need to go at least four miles to really get a feel for what they will do to my knees. They are pretty reasonably priced, cheaper than the Vibram Bikila LS's I bought.

After three pairs of Vibrams my wife has put her foot down. (pun intended, haha) No more running shoes for a while. I still love my VFF's but I certainly wouldn't mind trying the Saucony's. My running partner has a pair of Minimus and he would probably let me take them for a spin. I'm not sure what the etiquette would be though, it's not the same as borrowing someones underwear, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment